I’ve read some pretty poor horror books in my time, but I have to say that the following are the 10 most disappointing horror novels I have ever had the misfortune to waste my money on.
- Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Badbury
- Ghost Story by Peter Straub
- Ash by James Herbert
- The Tommyknockers by Stephen King
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding
- Shrine by James Herbert
- Psycho II by Robert Bloch
- The Grin of the Dark by Ramsey Campbell
- The Great and Secret Show by Clive Barker
- The Fireman by Joe Hill
I tried to get into these books – God knows how I tried – but unfortunately they just weren’t entertaining and gripping enough for me to finish them. Ah well, that’s life.
What are YOUR most disappointing horror novels? Please email me, as I would love to hear your views.