I am soooo excited to see that Shout Factory are releasing a Collector’s Edition of one of my all time favourite Hammer horror movies: Curse of the Werewolf.
Oliver Reed is fantastic in the role of the doomed Leon, who is the orphan of a crazed beggar and a mute girl.
As he grows into manhood, Leon discovers a horrifying secret. No matter what he does to avoid his fate, the lycanthropic-cursed man is unable to suppress the bestial force within him. When the moon rises, he transforms into a bloodthirsty werewolf, who slaughters people indiscriminately and unstoppably.
Boasting stunning makeup effects and beautifully photographed Gothic locales, Curse of the Werewolf is a much-loved movie with Hammer fans. Shout Factory have really done this classic film justice with this gorgeous Collector’s Edition release. Buy it now.
- NEW 4K Scan From The Interpositive
- NEW Audio Commentary With Actress Yvonne Romain, Special Makeup Effects Artist Mike Hill And Composer Leslie Bricusse
- NEW Audio Commentary With Author/Film Historian Steve Haberman And Filmmaker/Film Historian Constantine Nasr
- NEW The Men Who Made Hammer – Roy Ashton
- NEW Serial Killer – Benjamin Frankel, Serialism And The Curse Of The Werewolf
- The Making Of The Curse Of The Werewolf – Including Interviews With Actors Catherine Feller And Yvonne Romain, Mike Hill, Art Director Don Mingaye, Art Department Member Margaret Robinson And Filmmaker Jimmy Sangster
- Lycanthropy: The Beast In All Of Us
- Censoring The Werewolf
- Theatrical Trailer
- Trailers From Hell With Commentary By Filmmaker John Landis
- Radio Spot
- Still Gallery